Environmental cleanup comes as a choice but it is actually more of an obligation. Today, more and more institutions are strongly promoting an environmental cleanup for various obvious reasons. Yes, there are just about thousands of reasons why one should promote and perform environmental cleanup – and no, it's not just because of safety and cleanliness.
Below are some reasons why you should do environmental cleanup and how a typically tedious activity can be fun for the whole family or the entire community. Share this with your family and friends and help prolong and save life.
- Your safety. A clean environment equals a safe environment. A dirty place makes a home conducive to harmful bacteria. These toxins can cause a wide range of health hazards to humans especially those who have a low immune system. The bacteria can be acquired by anybody through skin contact, inhalation and ingestion. When acquired by the body, expect a variety of health problems like asthma and other respiratory problems, food poisoning, skin allergies, flu-like symptoms and the like. For pregnant women, frequent contact to harmful bacteria can cause an irregular formation of the baby's body. A thorough environmental cleanup keeps you and your family safe from this dilemma.
- Your pet's safety. Harmful bacteria around the house do not only harm humans. Pets are even more susceptible to bacteria-induced diseases. Pet flea for instance, develops because of a messy and dirty dog home. When fleas infect your cats and dogs, it weakens their appetite. It can make them lazy and even angry. Expect mood swings and too much barking as well. Ensure your pets with good health and you do not only reduce the risk of pet diseases, you also get to save finances from the hefty fees of vet clinics.
- Preserving Nature. Now, we are aware how an environmental cleanup directly and positively affects pets and humans. It's time to find out how it affects nature. Philosophers perceive living things, including humans, as the party asking nature the favor. Living things owe Mother Earth, but with the current environmental situation however, it looks like it is the other way around. Look around you and you'll see balding mountains and filthy beach stretches. You can also feel extremely painful sun rays. How does this happen? Humans have a number of daily rituals – be it in the form of items or activities - that destroy the protective layer of the earth – the ozone layer. When the ozone layer is destroyed, it causes a variety of health risks to living things. Skin cancer is one of the fatal results of ozone layer destruction to humans. An environmental cleanup can help conserve the Earth. A simple deed such as making a careful and cautious choice in choosing cleaning products for instance, can help preserve nature. Recycling and implementing proper waste disposal will also be a big help.
- Have a peaceful mind. The mere fact that you and your loved ones are free from the many possibilities of health hazards can give you a peaceful mind all the time. Environmental cleanup is sure to give you the luxury of going on with your daily life worry-free and unafraid. This can give you ample time to focus on your other more important priorities like your work, family and friends.
- You get a cozy home to live in. Home clutter is a big headache. Environmental cleanup does not only mean promoting and practicing cleanliness in nature. It also includes cleaning our own spaces. A home full of clutter equals mental and psychological disturbance. It can make one out of focus. Clean your home as often as you can. More than safety and health security, it is also sure to give you the mental stability that everybody needs.
- You can enjoy magnificent and clear beaches. Who does not love the beach? One of nature's best gifts to humans and animals are the sparkling beach waters and long stretches of white and fine sand. Everybody will have the privilege to continuously experience this beautiful gift of nature as long as we do our best to keep them clean all the time. Various institutions have been very vocal in promoting environmental cleanup not only in beaches but in other bodies of water as well. Tourism is not at all bad for as long as it is properly equaled by a thorough and regular environmental cleanup.
- You can get a good tan without getting skin cancer. Yes, it's true. Proper waste disposal and recycling will help save the ozone layer. When this happens, the risks of skin cancer, as a result of the sun's harmful rays are lessened. With this situation, anybody can now have healthy bronzed skin any time they want to.
- You get a clean home free from icky rodents. Rats, cockroaches, name them all. These rodents do not only freak adults out or scare our toddlers to death. They also bring with them a variety of health hazards. Leptospirosis is one of which. This disease is a bacterial infection among humans transmitted by dirty water infected with animal urine such as rats. This disease can cause severe headache, vomiting, chills, muscle aches and some cases, even death. All it takes is a responsible and regular environmental cleanup and you are sure to be freed of the rodent dilemma.
- You get fresh and unpolluted air all the time. Environmental cleanup not only requires the right cleaning practice. It also requires the right cleaning attitude. By this we mean, taking responsibility to totally avoid smoke belching and the like. When this happens, everybody gets a share of clean and fresh air – perfect and safe not only to people with respiratory problems but to everybody in general.
- You have a happy family-life. You and your family have healthy bodies. You have a focused and peaceful mind. You have a cozy home to go home to everyday. What follows? All these result to a happy family life.
- It keeps you “sane” and in purpose. As mentioned above, environmental cleanup makes a cozy and safe environment to live in. It creates a home not just for living but even for 'struggling.” Stay at your best and most productive state all the time. Keep yourself in purpose and achieve every goal quickly and smoothly.
- You help keep endangered species alive. Nature gifted us with the gift of life. With some of men's carefree activities; however, some species have been declared “endangered.” Taking little steps and getting involved in environmental cleanup will surely help conserve our endangered species. Everybody will now be able to continue witnessing sea turtles from time to time.
- You can grow tall trees and have a good shade. Good trees provide good shades. Some tall and sturdy trees; however, only thrive in rich soil. Continuous usage of commercial cleaners and fertilizers reduces the potential of the soil. With this kind of situation, time could come when it would be impossible for us to grow good shades.
- You can improve your social life. Environmental cleanup should start in your respective homes – cozy living rooms, mess-free gardens, convenient kitchen. Given these, you can now invite your friends to come over any time you want to. It's time to host parties and spruce up your social life!
- You can double your life span. Almost every item mentioned above supports one fact – regular environmental cleanup can double one's life span. A clean environment equals a safe environment. It allows us to savor and experience the natural rewards we could get from nature – scenic spots, fresh air, sturdy trees, ample and well-sustained life cycle – all these help in the realization of a longer life span.
There are tons of benefits when you do environmental cleanup. Why not allot a few moments and get involved in cleaning activities? It could be as simple as educating your kids to return their toys to proper places or as major as organizing your own cleanup volunteer group. The world is too huge to accommodate all of us. As humans continue to live and go on with a number of careless activities however, it could become even more gigantic as a result of short life span and reduced birthrate – not just among humans but among animals and plants as well. When this happens, the environmental and life equilibrium is put at risk. Time can come when there will not just be a place to live in but not even a chance for lives to survive at all.
Saving Mother Earth not only gives you the chance to conserve nature. It also gives you the opportunity to save not just other people's lives but you and your loved one's lives, more importantly. Instead of going crazy over countless anti-aging and wellness products, why not settle for the simplest, cost-free and perhaps one of the most effective ways? An environmental cleanup is all it takes.