Emergency board up services are not limited to glass and fixture repair shops that specialize in covering and fixing broken windows and doors and other fixtures. Contrary to what many people believe, there are other alternatives to these ‘repair’ shops. And to make it more relevant, these ‘other’ companies offer services that will not only guarantee quality emergency board up services but the complete restoration of the whole fixture itself.
Identifying with Board Up Activities
Sometimes we see, albeit surprised, unwanted holes, openings, and or cracks in the surfaces of our homes, business establishments, offices, and other structures. More often than not, these cracks or openings are not only annoying to see but they are a source of anxiety as well. Concerns about structural integrity and aesthetic appearances hound us to no end.
As such, we often seek to remedy the problem by doing some patchwork of our own. This patching up or sealing of the unwanted cracks, openings and or holes constitutes what we call “boarding up”. Notwithstanding the relief from angst, boarding up is only a temporary solution to what could be a real and present danger.
So, more often than not, we tend to just purchase a plyboard and nail or screw it to the wall or surface to cover the unwanted opening. Sometimes, too, we buy industrial sealants like cement and putty and fill up the crack before applying paint over it. Chances are we can see that our efforts of temporarily solving the problem actually work, albeit temporarily. As such, the boarding up we made will eventually give in and will result to a much bigger problem.
This is the reason why it is important to seek professional emergency boarding up services and not just be content on what we can do ourselves.
Where to Look for Quality Emergency Board Up Services
Not all emergency boarding up services will give you the quality workmanship that you desire, though. So it will be a good idea to scout for a duly licensed and certified company that provide emergency board up services with the most extensive coverage. Be aware that there are certain companies who say they offer quality board up services but will not go to the extent of fully restoring your damaged property.
There are some companies that will only board up windows or doors where a glass has been broken because they are merely glass repair companies. In these cases, they do not necessarily care much about your window or door but they are more interested in you calling them to install a new glass panel for your window or door. Thus, the quality of workmanship of the emergency board up might as well be haphazardly done just so you can tell they did a “board up”. But the fact of the matter is they merely nailed or screwed a couple of wood together to prevent the glass from shattering altogether.
If you want the best board up service that is characterized by quality workmanship and holistic approach to problem solving, damage restoration companies are a must. These companies have technicians and professionals that have been rigorously trained and certified to give only the highest level of quality service.
Majority of these damage restoration companies offer a variety of services that not only cleans and restores your property to its original state. These companies also make sure that your home or building remains structurally sound as well as aesthetically appealing. These can never be achieved with ordinary shops that only offer repair for a particular kind of fixture. Remember, damage restoration companies specialize in the return of one’s property into its original state by addressing the root of the problem and not just mere patchwork.
As such, major damage restoration companies offer quality board up services that will guarantee the maintenance of aesthetic value and structural integrity of your property. Here are a few reasons why professional damage restoration companies are simply the best when it comes to emergency board up services.
· These companies will use high quality materials, and not cheap readily available lumber, to provide state of the art enclosures. These enclosures will be able to withstand the forces of nature and even human activities because they have been specifically produced to be impact resistant.
· These companies use only the latest in diagnostic and imaging technology. This guarantees that every square inch of your property will be adequately and thoroughly evaluated for any structural defects. These professionals believe that the unwanted opening you wanted board up is only a sign of a much bigger problem. This is why they will employ thermal imaging and even spectroscopy and hydrometry. These tests will ensure that your property does not have any other structural problem aside from the one being boarded up.
· These companies are manned by highly efficient and knowledgable technicians. As such, they will know where to look, how best to approach a problem, and what other essentials you may need to know as the owner of the property. All of these technicians are trained and certified by appropriate regulating bodies.
There is just one more tip to looking for the best damage restoration company that offer emergency board up services. Always look for the company with a large number of personnel because you may never know just when you will need them. Furthermore, look for signs of quality standards such as government approvals or even ratings by consumer groups.
When Do You Need to Call for an Emergency Board Up Service?
Now that you know where to look for the best emergency board up services, maybe you need to ask just when do you need to call for such help?
Since we have been talking about structural damage, aesthetic appeal, and all that, anything that brings about damage restoration will be the perfect time to call for these professional companies.
· In fire damage, surfaces can be significantly weakened because of the pressure of the heat and the combustion of the organic material that is present in our property. The end result of fire is almost always carbon which is very brittle if not exposed to extreme pressures and temperatures. This results to brittle and very fragile structures that no ordinary boarding up will ever be adequate to prevent from collapsing. Professional fire damage companies will use a special kind structural bracing to prevent the collapse of the entire property. This will also render the property relatively safer to enter so that retrieval of other belongings can proceed.
· During natural calamities like hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes and storms, our homes become vulnerable to various damages. Roofs may fly off, walls may be stripped down, ceilings may cave in, and windows and doors can eventually shatter to pieces. Professional damage restoration companies can provide you preventive board up services especially to vulnerable parts of the home. Since the garage is the largest opening in a home, it should be board up firmly and securely even before violent weather strikes. The windows, doors, and vents should also be board up as well as bracing the ceiling, walls and roofing. After the storm, professionals can be called in to board up the property so that it will be protected from further damage. As expected, bugs, rodents, and even snakes can literally crawl into your property after a violent storm through the openings the storm has left in its wake.
· During an explosion, accidental or otherwise, significant damage to your property can occur. Professional board up services will help you prevent further damage and restore the structural integrity and aesthetic value of your property.
· In a freak vehicular accident, your property may sustain considerable damage, depending on the force of the impact of collision. More often than not, you will have a huge gaping hole in your wall that will leave you vulnerable to the elements. Before this ever occurs, professional board up services should be called in to protect your property and render it safe to live in.
· Sometimes, erratic human behavior leaves our properties at an increased risk for damage. Vandalism, crime and violence can contribute to significant property damage such as breaks in the walls and fixtures.
The idea of securing damaged property is to act on it with a sense of urgency. By knowing which company offers the right kind of services and knowing exactly when to call for such professional help can help property owners restore security and safety to their valued assets.